Quinoa & veggie stuffed peppers with vegan cream cheese. Easy, healthy dinner recipe!
Quinoa & Veg Stuffed Peppers with Vegan Cream Cheese
These easy vegan quinoa stuffed peppers will brighten up your weeknight menu! They are a super quick and healthy dinner option the whole family will love! I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again, stuffed peppers are so underrated!
I love making these vegan stuffed peppers because they are easy and totally hold their own in the prepping/baking process. This recipe makes 1 pepper (2 halves) per person, but you can easily double it or triple it to make a whole batch!
Pro tip: when making these quinoa stuffed peppers, be sure to pack the filling in tightly so that if you cut open the peppers, it doesn’t spill out.
There are so many options and tweaks you can add to this recipe. For the vegetable filling, I used a mix of chopped zucchini, carrot, and red onion, but you can use any vegetable you like! Sauteeing the vegetables in tahini, turmeric, and olive oil gives them the most delicious flavor!
At the bottom of the pepper is a divine line of vegan cream cheese – I like using Kitehill Foods vegan cream cheese for the filling and like to top the peppers with rosemary and fresh cilantro!
Vegan Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 2 Red bell peppers
- 1/4 c. Quinoa dry
- 4 tbsp. Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Zucchini Chopped
- 1/4 Red Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Carrot Chopped
- 2 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Tahini
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Apple Cider Vine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium pot, bring to boil the quinoa with 1/2 c. water. Once boiling, let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute all chopped veggies in olive oil, turmeric, and tahini for 5-6 minutes. Once the quinoa is cooked, add it in with the chopped veggies.
- Cut the tops out of the peppers and spoon in the vegan cream cheese, pressing to the bottom.
- Next, press in a generous amount of the quinoa and vegetable mixture.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet or in a baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
Show me how you like to make these stuffed peppers and what, if any, modifications you like to make!
Questions? Comments? I’d love to know what you think! If you liked this healthy vegetarian stuffed peppers recipe, please be sure to give it a 5 star rating in the comments below:)! Sharing or pinning would mean the world, too!