3 super easy tips to staying healthy while traveling, plus healthy travel essentials and what to pack in a carry-on.
Traveling is such an amazing gift and being able to see new places is an incredible opportunity, but being in and out of airports, changing your sleep schedule, and eating things you normally don’t, can definitely take a toll on your health. Even though it’s a little harder, there’s no reason not to try staying healthy while traveling! My healthy travel essentials are all things I can pack in a carry-on and in this post, I’ll let you know exactly what my tips for healthy travel are!
Luckily, most airports and airlines have gotten slightly more hip to health trends and healthy options, but here are 3 simple tips for healthy travel you can keep in mind to stay healthy while traveling.
Healthy Travel Tips:
- Drink Emergen-C the day before and the day of any flights. Germs are so prevalent in airports and on planes, taking Emergen-C to is a great way to boost your immune system before traveling. I like the packets that have probiotics in them, which you can get here.
- Buy a pill organizer for your vitamins and/or supplements. Don’t forgo your vitamin/supplement regimen just because you are traveling and don’t want to bring the whole container or waste ziploc bags to bring them in. You can keep your routine simply by investing in a little pill organizer to take a few day’s worth of vitamins with you- even if they are just daily multivitamins to keep you healthy! I like these packs that are under $10 and look like pretty colored lemons!!
- Healthy Travel Snack. Pack a healthy travel snack (or several) if you aren’t sure they’ll have some wherever you’re going. Luckily, most places have gotten pretty hip to health trends and having healthy travel food or healthy travel snack options, but there are still some airports and hotels that don’t have specific diet or allergen-friendly foods. I always pack a ton of snacks I know I love and might not find on the go. (You can find my best healthy travel snacks and healthy travel snack ideas here.)
Related: SXSW Favorite Healthy Snack Haul
Super simple right? I always love packing a few little goodies that make my trips more comfortable and enjoyable for me. Here’s a look at what’s usually inside of my carry-on bag:
- Bath salts/soaks and face masks are great to keep in the hotel if you want to unwind or relax a little bit.
- Collagen peptide packs are easy to bring with you and add some into coffee/teas while traveling.
- Nuun tablets make water taste delicious and are another way to boost your electrolytes and immunity while traveling.
- Thunderbird and RX bars are my favorite bars for healthy travel snacks to bring along with me.
- I always pack some healthy travel snacks for the hotel room too, like some nuts and dried fruit (this also lets you avoid the overpriced mini fridge snacks). This is something my mom always does and I’ve gotten into the habit of doing!
- Lastly, I always bring a few good books with me. I actually look forward to plane rides because I know I’ll get a lot of downtime to read!! If you have any book recommendations let me know in the comments below 😉
I’d love to hear your comments about how you stay healthy while traveling or if you have any “must haves” in your carry-on!
I hope you liked this post on healthy travel essentials. f you’d like to keep up with other health and wellness trends, follow Naturally Natalie Eng on Pinterest and Instagram and sign-up for our monthly newsletter here.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites at no cost to you!