Before you love anyone else, love yourself. 10 easy, free easy ways to show yourself self love, self care, and kindness.
I just want to emphasize how important it is to love yourself. These are some of my favorite ideas for self love and self care.
Being a Christian, I don’t want to take away from the fact that selflessness is one of the key tenets to living- putting others above yourself. That being said, I believe it is also so important to take care of yourself, nurture yourself, and do things that make you feel good. One of my favorite ways of looking at this is that you can’t pour from an empty cup. To be your best self for others, it’s okay to do things for yourself, too.
10 Ideas for Self Love and Self Care
- Take a hot bath with delicious essential oils & bath salts.
- Write down what you’re grateful for today.
- Go on a technology-free walk with God.
- Make some hot tea with milk & honey.
- Do a face mask/beauty routine.
- Light a candle and organize things.
- Put a record on and lay around and listen to it or dance!
- Journal, color, or be creative in some way.
- Get in comfy clothes and/or in bed with a good book.
- Stretch, dry brush, or give yourself a massage.
All of these ideas are relatively easy and not at all expensive, if not free. And don’t they sound dreamy!? Don’t worry if you do or don’t have a significant other, but focus a little more on loving the person you see in the mirror every day.
I hope you liked this post on tips for self love. f you’d like to keep up with other health and wellness trends, follow Naturally Natalie Eng on Pinterest and Instagram and sign-up for the monthly newsletter here to get a free Faith + Wellness planner!