Pumpkin chickpea blondies – a healthy pumpkin recipe you need in your life! So easy and packed with fiber. Gluten-free, vegan, and refined-sugar free. Also Paleo friendly!
Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies
It’s fall y’all! I am so excited for fall recipes and all things pumpkin spice! This pumpkin chickpea recipes will bring all of that together in an easy, healthy, and delicious way! This might be suprising, but this was actually my first time making blondies! I have seen chickpea blondies before and was so curious about how they would turn out and taste, but these really exceeded my expectations and I will definitely be making them again and again!
This recipe uses a few whole ingredients. The base is made of coconut flour (making this pumpkin recipe grain-free and Paleo-friendly), pumpkin puree, and chickpeas!
Benefits of Chickpeas
These pumpkin chickpea blondies were the perfect segway into baking with chickpeas for me. I was intimidated by them at first and unsure of how they would taste in a sweet bake, but you can’t taste them at all!
Chickpeas are also great for you and have lots vitamins, minerals, and tons of fiber. They can aid in healthy digestion and are a common source of vegan protein. So truly, this is a healthy dessert.
This recipe was so easy to make! Here are a few tips to help you along the way:
- After you rinse and drain your chickpeas, be sure to dry them very well. I place them in a dry towel and just rub them a bit. (Too much moisture can make them fall apart)
- In the directions, you will first pulse the wet ingredients in the food processor and then add in the coconut flour. This helps the overall mixture stay strong.
- I like to keep these in the fridge so they get cold! When you eat them they have that amazing cold, leftover pumpkin pie taste! So yummy!
Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies
- Food Processor
- 15 oz. Canned Chickpeas Rinsed & drained
- 1/3 c. Coconut Flour
- 1/3 c. Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 c. Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp. Tahini
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pinch Pink Himalayan Salt
- Handful Vegan Chocolate Chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Make sure all of the liquid is drained very well from the chickpeas.
- Add to a food processor with the pumpkin, tahini, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Blend 45 sec-1 min until smooth.
- Add in coconut flour and blend another 30 seconds.
- Stir in chocolate chips (set some aside to sprinkle on top).
- Place batter into the baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and then cut.
Questions? Comments? I’d love to know what you think! If you liked this pumpkin blondies recipe, please be sure to give it a 5 star rating in the comments below:)