A healthy twist on Levain Bakery’s big, beloved cookies. A perfect gooey and thick Paleo-friendly and grain-free chocolate chip walnut cookies recipe. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar free.
Decadent chocolate chip walnut cookies, meet healthy.
If you are aware of food trends, you may have heard of the famous Levain Bakery cookies in New York City, or seen pictures of them on Instagram (see below).
The cookies always look SO DELICIOUS and chocolate chip walnut is one of their signature flavors. I wanted a cookie you could break and pull apart with melty goodness, but I decided to try and put a healthy twist on it.
This recipe brings you copycat Levain Bakery cookies but that are PALEO. Wowza.
In today’s day and age, food is changing and a lot of people are moving away from traditional baked goods filled with processed sugars, oils, and fats, and pasturized dairy, to the same recipes but with unrefined sugars and healthy oils and fats.
This copycat Levain Bakery recipe for paleo chocolate chip walnut cookies brings back the same nostalgic magic of their classic chocolate chip cookie, but made with whole ingredients.
These cookies are so crumbly and gooey and delicious. And are extremely easy to make!
Best enjoyed with loved ones, a good book, and/or a glass of almond milk. 😉
Copycat Levain Bakery: Paleo Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- 2 c. Almond flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 c. Ghee Melted
- 1/2 c. Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 c. Maple Syrup
- Pinch Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 c. Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips I use Lily's
- 1/2 c. Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 c. Coconut Flakes Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, coconut sugar, and baking soda.
- Add in the melted ghee, eggs, and maple syrup. Stir well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, walnuts, and coconut flakes if desired.
- Spoon cookie dough onto the baking sheet 2 inches apart and flatten down into 3x2x1 size or as large as you'd like them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool on a cooling rack. Then Enjoy!
Questions? Comments? I’d love to know what you think! If you liked this recipe, please be sure to give it a 5 star rating in the comments below:)