Everything you love about clean bars rolled into one! The easiest bliss balls (no blender/food processor needed) make the perfect decadent yet healthy bite and are totally gluten-free and dairy-free.
Bliss balls have been all the rage in the world of health food blogs lately; they are basically protein/energy balls of various fillings and flavors. Every bliss ball I’ve seen usually requires some type of food processing and/or cutting ingredients (i.e. nuts and dates) to form the round shape. All of that is about to change however…
I’ve been following a company called Nutsola recently that makes the first of its kind DIY Superfood Bars. The blend comes in bags of 3 flavors and then you simply mix the ingredients with water, bake, and you have your own bars!!! They were generous enough to send me a bag of their product and I’m so happy they did so that I can share my thoughts with y’all!
I was initially a little skeptical that the bags retail around $20 when you could just buy bars at the store, BUT…it actually made sense the more I thought about it. Each single protein/energy bar at a store costs around $2.50-2.99, so this can save you almost $10! Plus, it’s kind of fun to make your own and you know exactly what’s put inside in the baking process! These bars are extremely clean and made with whole ingredients; the flavor I used, Vanilla Almond, contains just almonds, dates, coconut, chia seeds, pure vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sea salt. And it’s literally just mixed with water! Could Do It Yourself bars be the next norm in the health industry?
When I got the bag, I tried some and the blend itself was delicious! It suggested it could be used not only in bar form, but to sprinkle on yogurt, smoothie bowls, etc., and I thought…what if I went outside the box and made it into a ball?! I’ve only ever seen it in bar form! Thus, came the idea for Nutsola Bliss Balls.
These are literally the easiest bliss balls ever because the filling is literally made for you! All you have to do is mix it with 2 tbsp. of water and you get your balls!
After shaping and baking the bliss balls, you pop them into the freezer while you melt dark chocolate to coat them (I use 85% cacao from Whole Foods called Divine, but you can use any kind you like). I also made little bowls of my favorite toppings to easily and readily sprinkle them onto the fresh coated chocolate.
Toppings wise I used a myriad of things: matcha for energy, cacao for balance, cacao nibs for crunch, and coconut flakes for added sweetness. You can use whatever toppings you like! That’s the beauty of bliss bars!
If you are interested in the idea of making your own bars (I definitely think it’s worth a shot), you can purchase Nutsola here. These are definitely a crowd favorite!
Nutsola Bliss Balls
- 1 bag Nutsola Do It Yourself Bar I used Vanilla Almond flavor
- 2 tbsp. Water
- 1 bar 85% Dark Chocolate I used Divine
- Your Favorite Toppings! I used matcha, coconut flakes, cacao, and cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together half of a Nutsola bag (any flavor- I used Vanilla Almond) with 1 tbsp. water. Work well with your hands until it is sticking together!
- Roll scoops of this mixture in your hands to create round balls about 1-1/2" wide and high.
- Place the balls on a baking tray and let bake for 2 hours, rotating the tray after 1 hour.
- After the balls are done baking, pop them into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While freezing, break up a bar of dark chocolate into a glass bowl and melt by microwaving 30 seconds at a time and stirring in between until completely melted (usually only 1-2 minutes total).
- One at a time, roll each ball in the dark chocolate and then sprinkle on or roll in your favorite toppings! It's easiest to have these out and prepped to readily put them on fresh melted chocolate!
- Pop them back into the freezer for another 30 minutes to an hour.
Questions? Comments? I’d love to know what you think! If you liked this Nutsola bliss balls recipe, please be sure to give it a 5 star rating in the comments below:)