This nutty and crunchy gingerbread maca granola is the perfect holiday gift. Baked with warm spices and adaptogenic maca. Gluten-free, vegan, and refined-sugar free.
Maca Gingerbread Granola Recipe
I love a good homemade granola- this maca granola recipe is perfect for the holidays (hello, good gift idea) and is truly one of my favorites. The warm spices will have your kitchen seriously smelling like Christmas! Plus, it’s adaptogenic!
If you are new to adaptogens, adaptogens are natural herbs/roots with various benefits. And Maca, used in this recipe, is an adaptogenic herb with benefits such as: hormone balance, libido health, and support of mood/energy levels. It has a nutty, caramel flavor.
If you love a good Gingerbread granola recipe around Christmas, you will love this one. And, each of the mix-ins adds a unique element (dates for sweetness/chewiness, cranberries for tartness, quinoa for crunch, shredded coconut for texture, etc.).
This maca granola recipe is made with whole ingredients and naturally sweetened with maple syrup (if you like it a little bit sweeter, you can add some coconut sugar). Pair this with yogurt, some almond milk, or even just snack on it by the handful, and you are set to go!
So, I hope this recipe brings down the (gingerbread) house for you this year 😉
Related Recipe: Dreamy Banana Coconut Granola
Maca Gingerbread Granola
- 3 c. Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/2 c. Quinoa Uncooked
- 1/3 c. Flaxseed Meal
- 2 c. Raw Nuts I use a mix of cashews, almonds, and pecans
- 1/4 c. Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 c. Shredded Coconut
- 3/4 c. Maple Syrup
- 1/4 c. Coconut Oil Melted
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp. Ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp. Maca Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all dry ingredients (except for dried cranberries) and spices.
- Pour the vanilla, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup over the dry ingredients and mix well by hand until evenly sturdy.
- Spread evenly on a large baking sheet greased with coconut oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn granola, sprinkle in dried cranberries, and bake another 15 minutes.
- Let cool (longer for ideal crunchiness), then enjoy 🙂
Related: Best Moon Juice Products
Questions? Comments? I’d love to know what you think! If you liked this homemade maca granola recipe, please be sure to give it a 5 star rating in the comments below:)! Sharing or pinning would mean the world, too!