A spin on your favorite seasonal Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins but gluten-free, grain-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free. Paleo friendly too!
Call me basic, but when fall comes around, I know I’m ready for all things #PSL. But beyond pumpkin flavored drinks, I also look forward to pumpkin flavored FOODS. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen some of my other pumpkin foods (ranging from pumpkin smoothie bowls to pumpkin gnocchi!) This recipe is inspired by the seasonal Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese muffin. It has all the same fall tastes and cream cheesy goodness, but is my HEALTHY version!
I played around with almond and coconut flour mixes and the muffin texture isn’t as airy as it would be with normal all-purpose flour, but the moistness of the muffin is 10/10 and it actually adds a wonderful decadence to it.
Overall this recipe is really easy! The muffins don’t rise very much, so be sure to mold with your thumb pockets for the cream cheese and shape the edges how you’d like before putting them in the oven.
To top these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins (and just like at Starbucks)- pumpkin seeds! This recipe has some really good, healthy fats incorporated into it and lots of antioxidants from the pumpkin in it.
These muffins are pure pumpkin spice and everything nice. I hope you love em!
Healthy Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- 1/2 c. Coconut Flour
- 1/2 c. Almond Flour
- 1/2 c. Maple Syrup
- 1/4 c. Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 c. Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt
- Pumpkin Seeds For Topping
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 oz. Vegan Cream Cheese (softened) I use KiteHill or Mykonos
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (including spices).
- Add in the maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and pumpkin puree and incorporate fully.
- Fill muffin liners until almost full.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the cream cheese mixture ingredients.
- Scoop a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture in the middle and then sprinkle with a few pumpkin seeds.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the muffin part clean. Let cool then enjoy!
Questions? Comments? I’d love to know what you think! If you liked this Healthy Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin recipe, please be sure to give it a 5 star rating in the comments below:)