Gluten-free and vegan fudgy, rich, decadent ‘slutty’ brownies – healthy slutty brownies with a cookie layer in between. These are INSANE.
Healthy Slutty Brownies
If you’ve never heard of slutty brownies, they are essentially brownies with a layer of cookie in between…and extremely delicious. I decided to make healthy slutty brownies, and let me tell ya, you can hardly tell these are healthy they are so rich & decadent!
For this recipe, you only need a few ingredients, but I’d be sure to try and stick to these exact ingredients because I haven’t tried this recipe with any alternatices. Some of the star ingredients are cassava flour (a gluten-free flour used for the batter), ground flaxseed (which I mix with water to create an egg alternative), cacao powder (not cOcoa), and coconut sugar. All of my brands I used are linked below!
These wholesome ingredients make this recipe gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free!! It’s a win! Pro tip: you can also use this recipe to make just the brownies if the cookie layer isn’t your thing.
The brands I used for this recipe are all linked here:
- Cassava Flour
- Catalina Crunch Sandwich Cookies
- Maple Syrup
- Cacao Powder
- Ground Flaxseed (Trader Joe’s brand)
I’ve only tried this recipe with these exact brands and requirements, so I’m not sure of any substitutions, but I would stick to these measurements and brands (or closest to) if possible!
Healthy Slutty Brownies
- 4 tbsp. Ground Flaxseed for flax egg
- 1/2 c. Water for flax egg
- 12 sandwich cookies I used Catalina Crunch
- 1/2 c. coconut oil melted
- 1 c. Cassava Flour
- 1 c. Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1/3 c. Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground flaxseed and water to make a flax 'egg'. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Then, add in the melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Sift in the cassava flour, baking powder, and cacao powder. Then add in the maple syrup and fold everything together.
- In a 9x9 baking dish lined with parchment paper, add 1/2 the batter. Add a layer of cookies and then pour the rest of the batter on top.
- Bake 27 minutes and then let cool. Enjoy!!
These brownies should come out super thick and fudgy! Questions? Comments? I’d love to know what you think! If you liked this Healthy Slutty Brownies recipe, please be sure to give it a 5 star rating in the comments below:)