A GF, DF, Snickerdoodle recipe that melt in your mouth. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free but with the same iconic cinnamon flavors and goodness.
I know it’s only the beginning of September, but fall is in the air! I feel like everyone has been posting fall recipes and I just had to hop on board with this GF DF Snickerdoodle recipe. Anyone feeling fall vibes already? There is something about crumbly snickerdoodles that slightly break apart and melt in your mouth with each cinnamon-y, sugar-y bite. This recipe has all of the amazing flavors of a snickerdoodle, but is gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free, making it a healthier delicious treat!
There are certain cookies meant to be chewy or gooey or some that are meant to be firmer, but snickerdoodles are definitely best when soft and melty. Snickerdoodles have an extremely recognizable smell and an irresistible taste. This is an easy recipe with just a few ingredients.
Amazingly, the cinnamon and coconut sugar combination gives these an exact snickerdoodle taste without any refined sugar!
I kind of feel like Snickerdoodles are underrated. Growing up, I would 10/10 times choose a chocolate chip cookie over a snickerdoodle, but maybe I just didn’t give them enough of a chance? This recipe is super easy and a favorite of mine! I like them best right out of the oven, but you can store them in an airtight container and even freeze leftover ones for later!
P.S. Goes great with a glass of almond milk 🙂
Snickerdoodles (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 1 1/2 c. Coconut Flour
- 1/2 c. Coconut Oil Melted
- 1/2 c. Maple Syrup
- 2 Egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 pinch Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. Coconut Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, egg, Himalayan salt, baking soda, vanilla extract, and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 2 tsp. of cinnamon with 2 tbsp. of coconut sugar.
- Take the dough and form little balls and then flatten them down to about 1/4" high. Then, coat them evenly in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Once they are all coated, transfer them to the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool on a wire rack!
Questions? Comments? I’d love to know what you think! If you liked this GF, DF Snickerdoodle recipe, please be sure to give it a 5 star rating in the comments below:)