Gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar free blackberry and strawberry glazed easy paleo donuts.
It’s an amazing feeling when you can eat just about any treat you want on a Paleo diet, including Paleo donuts.
These donuts are light, airy, and so easy to make! I used to be intimidated to make donuts, but don’t be! This recipe is easy and uses equipment you probably already have! These easy Paleo donuts have a wonderful cakey texture and the fruit glaze adds the perfect sweetness.
Also, if you don’t have a donut pan, don’t worry! I used a wine cork and tin foil to create little molds to use with a muffin pan to hold the place of the hole (my boyfriend’s brilliant idea).
You can get super creative with this recipe, too! Try adding coconut flakes on top, drizzling with melted chocolate, or dipping in a mix of coconut sugar and cinnamon!
Easy Paleo Donuts
- 2 c. almond flour (you can also use almond meal for a grainier texture)
- 6 tbsp. maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch Pink Himalayan sea salt
For the Glaze:
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. almond milk creamer (I use Califia Farms)
- Strawberries and/or blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
- Grease a donut pan with coconut oil and spoon batter in about 1/2 way. (They will get too tall if you fill them up to the top, but if you do or if they come out too muffin like, you can always trim the bottom half). (Tip: If you don’t have a donut pan, which I didn’t, use a mini muffin pan and just make tin foil molds about the shape of a wine cork and while carefully holding them in place, pour in the batter around it. To keep them hollow, don’t make them hollow.)
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, blend together all of the ingredients until you get your desired color. If you don’t have a blender, you can muddle the berries, too. This part is honestly where you can wing it and have fun with it, playing around with the ingredients until you get a texture/color you like!
Questions? Comments? I’d love to know what you think! If you liked this recipe for easy paleo donuts please be sure to give it a 5 star rating in the comments below:)