A plant-based recipe for Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi. How to cook cauliflower gnocchi in a delicious Asian stir fry. Gluten-free, vegan, and so easy!
Cauli Gnocchi: Asian Stir Fry
Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi is one of my favorite grocery ITEMS. People are obsessed with it. It’s low-calorie and made of cauliflower, but yet it tastes like delicious gnocchi!
This cauliflower gnocchi stir fry recipe combines delicious asian flavors and vegetables to make a healthy, easy stir fry. I could seriously have this for dinner on REPEAT. This recipe is low sodium, and full of nourishing vegetables. Also, feel free to add in any other vegetables that you want!
Related: Summer Vegetable Detox Soup
How to Cook Cauliflower Gnocchi
The key to good cauliflower gnocchi is cooking it. You can microwave it or saute it stove top, but I find the best way to do it is by far oven baking. I preheat my oven to 350 degrees and lay the frozen gnocchi on a baking sheet greased with olive or coconut oil. Since the gnocchi is often frozen together, I use a knife to break it apart (be careful). Next, I bake it for 25-30 minutes, flipping it halfway. You can tell it’s done when it’s slightly golden browned on the outside.
This method gives the gnocchi the perfect consistency: slightly crispy on the outside and light and pillowy on the inside.
Related: Vegan Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Cauliflower Gnocchi Recipe: Asian Stir Fry
- 1 bag Cauliflower Gnocchi I use Trader Joe's
- 2 c. Broccoli Florets chopped
- 1 c. Purple Cabbage chopped
- 1 Green Onion chopped
- 1/4 c. Coconut Aminos
- 3 tbsp. Olive or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp. Ginger powder
- 2 tbsp. Tahini
- 1 pinch Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put frozen gnocchi on a baking sheet greased with 1 tbsp. olive or coconut oil. Try to coat the gnocchi and break up clusters if possible. Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping gnocchi halfway.
- Meanwhile, heat up 2 tbsp. olive or coconut oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add in broccoli florets, cabbage, and green onion.
- Add in coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, ginger, and fish sauce. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Turn down heat to low until gnocchi is done, stirring occasionally.
- Remove gnocchi from baking pan using a spatula and plate along with stir fryed veggies. Top with tahini and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Questions? Comments? I’d love to know what you think! If you liked this recipe for cauliflower gnocchi, please be sure to give it a 5 star rating in the comments below:)