Easy, healthy dessert sushi recipe with only 4 ingredients needed! Banana almond butter sushi rolls for a gluten-free unique take on healthy, vegan sushi.
I love the combination of banana, almond butter, and chocolate. And it tastes amazing wrapped in a tortilla. And hence came, the Banana Almond Butter Sushi Rolls. This recipe reminds me of the smore’s quesadillas I used to make at summer camp when I was a little kid- pure bliss.
It is so fun and so EASY to make! And these banana sushi rolls also pair AMAZINGLY with my Mint Chocolate Chip “Nice” Cream if you want a ~deluxe~ sushi roll 😉
They really only require 3 ingredients: a tortilla (I use grain-free tortillas like Maria and Ricardo’s , Siete, or Julian Bakery Paleo wraps), a banana and almond butter. That’s it! Can you say easy healthy recipe!? I like to jazz up this banana sushi recipe with cinnamon powder, coconut flakes, and melted vegan chocolate. Pro tip: almond butter is so easy to spread when the tortillas are warm, it can get a little too runny, so try to spread the chunkier parts of your almond butter!
These banana sushi rolls hold up really well. I even took them to work the next day! And honestly, they are just such a fun take on a savory sushi recipe!
Related Post: Plant-Based Lychee Ceviche
These are a great option if you’re looking for something that’s paleo-friendly and easy!
Banana Almond Butter Sushi Rolls
- 1 Tortilla I use grain-free Siete or Maria & Ricardo's
- 1 Banana
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Almond Butter
- 1 sprinkle Cinnamon Powder
- 1 handful Coconut Flakes optional for topping
- 1/3 c. Vegan Chocolate optional for drizzle
- Pinch Sesame Seeds optional for topping
- Over medium heat, cook your tortilla on the stove top. I find the best way to do this is in a pan lightly greased with coconut oil. Flip often on both sides until warmed and cooked, but not crispy.
- Lay tortilla on a flat surface and spread almond butter on top.
- Place a peeled banana in the middle and then roll. If preferred, you can heat the wrap again to make it a little crispier.
- Once done, cut with serrated knife horizontally into rolls. Sprinkle with cinnamon and coconut flakes/chocolate drizzle if desired. Enjoy!
- If you are making the chocolate drizzle, melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until melted and then drizzle.
Questions? Comments? I’d love to know what you think! If you liked this Banana Sushi recipe, please be sure to give it a 5 star rating in the comments below:) sharing or pinning would mean the world, too!