How to make the most of work life balance and tips for balancing work and exercise. How to fit in a workout around work, manage a fitness schedule, and more!
It’s All About Balance!
Being extremely busy can sometimes make fitting in a workout seem impossible. Moving your body everyday is so important, though! Not just for your physical health, but also for your mental health. Your health and wellness should be a priority always 🙂 you can’t give your best to everyone else if you’re pouring from an empty cup…
Related Post: Healthy Travel Tips + What to Pack in Your Carry-on
First, let me tell you why I like working out in the morning…
- It feels amazing and so energizing to me to move my body and stretch after (hopefully) a good night’s rest.
- I’m refreshed and showered when I get to the office for work (or whatever else I have planned that day)
- My workout is done first thing so I don’t have to worry if other things come up during the day/I can’t make excuses not to do it later on…
- I can leave my evenings free to cook, spend time with friends, wind down, etc.
- I don’t have to shower again if I don’t workout later in the day!
- My favorite though, is that I get more or a morning to think, breathe, and enjoy the sunrise.
Now that you know why I personally like to workout in the morning, here are my tips for having a successful workout regimen…
5 Tips for Balancing Work and Exercise
- Set your schedule/routine up for success. I like to workout in the morning because my afternoons are much more unpredictable. Do what makes sense for your day and carve out a feasible time if this is something important to you.
- Workout somewhere with shower facilities. Whether you’re at your apartment gym or at a studio, if you’re working out before work, I would recommend working out somewhere where you can get ready after to save yourself the time of driving to/from home again (some of my favorite shower amenities are Equinox, Soulcycle, and Barry’s Bootcamp). Pack a bag the night before with some cosmetic minis and your work clothes.
- Move during the day. Sitting at a desk all day can make me go crazy! Give yourself little breaks to get up and move around. You can park further or walk to work, swap a coffee break for a walking break, stand up and stretch (do it in the bathroom if this is awkward),or get a standing desk if you can! If you are getting up for some reason, take an extra lap around the office. Little movements count and add up!
- Make time for a workout. If you feel like you don’t have enough time in the day, evaluate what’s taking most of your time. Be honest with yourself. Are you watching TV for an hour or two when you get home? Scrolling on your phone for half an hour in your downtime? Sleeping in until the last possible minute? Getting up an hour earlier can be life changing, and if you need to, just go to bed an hour earlier! Or at the very least- do squats and crunches while you watch TV!
- Don’t stress if you miss a workout! This is my final tip and I think it’s super important! Part of “balance” is being easy on yourself if something goes out of plan, don’t stress. Stress is worse for your health than missing one workout is…be kind to yourself and exercise from a place of love.
Related Post: Ritual Vitamins Review
I’d love to hear how you do work life balance!
I hope you liked this post on balancing work and exercise. f you’d like to keep up with other health and wellness trends, follow Naturally Natalie Eng on Pinterest and Instagram and sign-up for the monthly newsletter here to get a free Faith + Wellness planner!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites at no cost to you!